Part 1 pdf podcast
Part 2 pdf podcast
Part 1 Quiz
1. Which Lilliputian objects caused Gulliver pain? (Hint: They were tiny versions of the real things.)
a) Arrows b) Swords c) Needles
2. Why did Gulliver fall asleep? (Hint: There was something in the wine.)
a) He drank too much wine. b) The wine was drugged. c) The arrows were poisoned.
3. Who wants to kill Gulliver? (Hint: Listen to the conversation between these three characters.)
a) Flimnap b) Skyresh c) The King of Lilliput
Part 2 Quiz
1. Why are Lilliput and Blefuscu at war? (Hint: It is a very strange reason.)
a) They have different religions. b) They crack their eggs differently. c) Skyresh insulted the Blefuscan king.
2. How does Gulliver stop the Blefuscan invasion? (Hint: The answer is connected to the sea)
a) He frightens the Blefuscan sailors and takes their ships. b) He attacks the Blefuscan navy with iron hooks. c) He made the Blefuscans slaves.
3. What does 'in return for' mean? (Hint: The phrase is used when Skyresh reads the conditions for Gulliver's freedom.)
a) In exchange for. b) On the way back. c) To promise.